Monday, October 11, 2010

This is a site where I will document how I build custom recumbent bikes

In the coming months, I plan to build a few recumbent bikes.  I have a few different Bents ( recumbent ) that I  have in mind.  The Tadpole, ( 2 wheels in front, 1 in rear), Delta ( 1 wheel in front, 2 in the rear ), 2 wheeled Long wheel based and possibly a tandem trike.

This blog is really meant as a way that I can document the different ways I decide to build them and to share my ideas with other builders.  I plan to make some mistakes along the way, but this is what life is all about.  Live and learn.

Hopefully, when I ask for help, some kind and knowledgeable person will lend a helping hand with some instruction and advice.

I'm only a self taught home shop machinist with a garage full of great tools and machines that I either bought or made myself.

I'm fortune to have own a Bridgeport mill, 10" Southbend lathe, Self made cnc router, Delta Uni-saw, chop saw and wood planer, just to mention a few.  I mention these tools not to show off, but to give those people who read this blog a idea what I am capable to making on my own.

I should mention that I have never built a bicycle before.  A lot of what I do will be a first for me.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment